SCHOOL PENSION AND OTHER (NON-GOVT.).
1. What are the different Scheme /Rules under which the teaching and non-teaching employees of Non-Govt. Schools get Pensionary benefits.?
i) Recognised Non-Govt. Secondary Pension Rules .... for Secondary Teachers (G.O. No.1610-EDN(s) dated 18-07-1968).
- ii) Contributory Provident Fund-cum-Pension Scheme and "Rules regarding Payment of Pension,
Gratuity etc. under West Bengal (Rural) Primary Education Act, 1930 ...... For Primary Teachers. (G.O. No.485-EDN(P) dt. 25-03-68 and G.O. No.2299-EDN(P) dt. 12-12-1972).
Persons who retired from service prior to 1-4-81 will get pensionary benefit under these Scheme/Rules. (Also see 11 & 12).
b) West Bengal Recognised Non-Government Educational Institution Employees (Death-cum-Retirement Benefit) Scheme, 1981 (hereinafter referred to as D.C.R.B. Scheme,
Persons recruited on or after 1-4-81 will automatically be governed by this Scheme.
Persons who were in services on 1-4-81 will have Option either-
- i) To continue to be governed by the existing rules governing retirement benefits or
- ii) to come under this scheme (i.e. D.C.R.B. Scheme, 1981 ) ( Para 3b(i) and (ii) of the scheme )
Those who opt as per para b(ii) above shall also have to opt which of the benefits referred to in para 4 of the Scheme they intend to elect i.e.
- a) Pension ( including Family Pension ) cum-Gratuity
- b) Contributory Provident Fund-cum-Gratuity ( G.O. No.136-EDN(B) dt. 15-05-1985).
2. What is the time limit for submission of option under W.B. Recognised Non-Govt. Educational Institution Employees (D.C.R.B.) Scheme, 1981. ?
- a) Within 90 days from the date of issue of the Order (i.e. G.O. No.136-edn(B) dt. 15-05-85), subsequently extended to 31-12-85 and again extended to 30-06-90 & vide Order Nos.296(5)-EDN(B) dt. 07-10-85 and 148-EDN(B) dt. 31-05-90 respectively.
- b) An employees who had exercised option within 31-12-85 and whose option was subsequently found overwritten or erroneous being thus inlligible for accetance and has not yet been regularised by any special order may be cancellation of the one earlier exercised by him, exercise fresh option within 30-06-90 (para 2(i) of G.O. No.148-EDN(B) dt. 31-05-90 ).
- c) An employee who joined after the period of 90 days from the date of circulation of G.O. No.136-EDN(B) dt. 15-05-85 (i.e. on 13.08.85 or later ) shall come under the W.B. Recognised Non-Govt. Educational Institution (D.C.R.B.) Scheme, 1981 and they shall have to exercise option in terms of para 4 of the Scheme (i.e. CPF-cum-Gratuity or Pension-cum-Gratuity) within 90 days from the date of appointment or 15-03-92 whichever is later failing which it shall be presumed that he/she has opted for pension (including family pension) cum Gratuity.
- d) Option exercised earlier or fresh option exercised as per G.O No.148-EDN(B) dt. 31-05-90 is final and can in no case be changed ( Para 2(iv) of G.O. No.148-EDN(B) dt.
3. Is there any provisions for Switch Over of Option 'CPF-cum-Gratuity' to Pension including family pension-cum gratuity ? If so, what is the time limit for submission of such Option ?
Yes, Govt. allowed all the teaching and non-teaching employees of aided Non-Govt. Educational Institution who opted for Contributory Provident Fund-cum-Gratuity, to exercise revised option for pension including family pension-cum-Gratuity subject to the condition that employer's share of contribution together with interest and additional interest shall be refund to the Govt. forthwith.
Such option had to be exercised within 90 days from the data of issue of relevant Govt. Order bearing No.496-EDN(B) dated 16-12-91 (i.e. within 15-03-92 ). With thw introducation of D.C.R.B. Scheme,1981.
4. What directions were issued by the Govt. regarding rates subscription towards GPF/CPF and deposit of P.F balance in treasury ?
a) For those opting for Pension-cum-Gratuity
- i) Employers's shares of Contribution to C.P. Fund should be discontinued, if not already done, from the date of Option ;
- ii) Existing rate of P.F. subscription by the employees should continue ;
- iii) Standing P.F. balances, as on 15-03-84 for employees of Primary Schools and P.F. balances as on 1-06-84 for employees of Secondary Schools and P.F. subscription and loan realisation from subscribing employees and interest income in P.F. balances thereafter should be deposited in Treasury in terms of the Procedure laid down in Finance Deptt. Memo. No.5341-F dt. 05-05-84 read with G.O. No..136-EDN(B) dated 15-05-1985.
b) For those Option for CPF-cum-Gratuity
- i) Rate of subscription to CPF should be 8.33% from 1-4-81 ;
- ii) All standing balances on C.P. Fund account as on 15-03-84 for employees of Primary Schools and on 1-6-84 for employees of Secondary Schools and P.F. subscription, loan realisation from subscribing employees and interest income on P.F. balances thereafter should be deposited in treasury in terms of the Procedure laid down in Finance Deptt. Memo. No.5341-F dt. 05-05-1985.
c) For new entrents who joined services on or after 1-4-1981
- i) G.P.F. Contribution shall be @ 6% of Pay.
- ii) All standing balance as on 15-03-84 for employees of Primary Schools and P.F. subscription, loan realisation from subcribing employees and interest on P.F. balances shall be deposited in Treasury in terms of the procedure laid down in Finance Deptt. Memo. No.5341-F dt. 05-05-84 read with G.O. No.136-EDN(B) dt. 15-05-84. (order No.296(5)-EDN(B) dt. 07-10-1985).
5. What is the procedure for deposite of employer's share of Contribution with interest accrued thereon and for transfer of own share of contribution with interest to the GPF A/c. ?
a) Persons who have not withdrawn the amount
Persons willing to come under D.C.R.B. Scheme, 1981 and Opting for the benefit of Pension-cum-gretuity within prescribed date shall apply in writing to the head of the Institution/Organisation stating that he is willing to refund to Govt. the employer's share of Contribution together with interest accurd theron credited against his/her contributory Provident Fund A/c. and that his/her own shares of contribution with interest transferred to the General Provident Fund A/c.
Head of the Institution/Organisation will take necessary action for deposit of "Employer's share with interest" through T.R. Form No.7 in the appropriate head of A/c. of the Govt. (i.e. 0071- contribution and Recoversion towards Pension and other retirement benefit -01-civic-800-other receipt.
Keeping a note in the Services Book under proper atteststion and also take necessary action for transfer of "Employee's share with interest" to the newly opened General Provident Fund A/c.
b) Persons who have already withdrawn the employer's Share of Contribution with interest
In such cases, in order to enable them to avail themeselve of the benefit of pension etc., the 'Employer's share of Contribution' together with interest accurued thereon should be refund through T.R. Form No.7 in the appropriate head of A/c. (i.e. 0071-Contribution and Recoveries towards Pension and Other retirement benefits-01-Civil-800-Other Receipts- __________________________________) by the employee concerned with interest @ 5% simple on the amount actually drawn, calculated from the date of drawal of the said amount to the date of refund. Those who are not able to return the amount in cash may apply for adjustment againt gratuity or arrear pension.
6. What will be the admissible pensionary benefits in respect of employees who does not opt or fails to opt within prescribed time ?
In terms of para 5(c) of the W.B recognised Non-Govt. Educational Institution Employees (D.C.R.B.) Scheme, 1981 "If any employee does not or fails to opt within prescribed time limit, the pensionary benefits as admissible prior to 1-4-81 would be applicable in their case".
7. What will be the admissible pensionary benefits in case of an employee who dies on or after 1-4-81 but before issue of G.O. No.136-END(B) dt. 15-05-85 (i.e. D.C.R.B. Scheme, 1981)?
The Pension Sanctioning Authority will allow the more advantageous of para 3b(i) or 3(b)(ii) of the Scheme to him/her.
8. What are the different types of pension admisible unjder the D.C.R.B. Scheme, 1981 ?
There are four types of Pension, viz.
a) Compensation Pension
Pension allowed to an employee who is discharged on abolition of the permanent post held by him/hers.
Pension allowed to an employee who by bodily or mental infirmity is declared permanently incapacitated for further services by the CMOH of the District or any Medical Officer of equivalent status authorised by the Pension Sanctioning Authority.
c) Superannuation Pension
Pension granted to an employee on attaining the age of superannuation or thereafter on the expiry of the period of approved extension.
d) Retiring Pension
Pension granted to an employee who is permitted to retire after completing qualifing service for 20 years or more.
9. Who acts as the Pension Sanctioning Authority Under D.C.R.B. Scheme, 1981 ?
a) District Inspector of Schools (Secondary Education)
in respect of teaching and non-teaching staff of the aided/sponsored/non-Govt. Secondary Schools including Madrasahs (Senior, Junior and High ) Who retired or died on or after 1-4-81 (G.O. No.64(6)-EDN(B) dt. 11-03-1986).
b) District Inspector Of Schools (Primary Education)
in respect of Primary teachers/employees of Primary/Junior basic Schools who retired/died on or after 1-4-81 (G.O. No.296(5)-EDN(B) dt. 07-10-85 ).
10. Who acts as 'Audit Officer' and Pension Payment Order (P.P.O.) issuing authority on Per D.C.R.B. Scheme, 1981. ?
Director of Pension, Provident Fund & Group Insurance, West Bengal or any Officer authorised by him with his Office at Purta Bhavan (2nd floor), Salt Lake, Kolkata-91 (G.O. No.296(5)-EDN(B) dt. 07-10-1985).
11. Whether the retirement benefits as provided for in the W.B. Recognised Non-Govt. Educational Institution Employees (Death-cum-Retirement Benefit ) Scheme, 1981 is applicable in case of teaching and non-teaching employees in case of teaching and non-teaching employees who retired/died prior to 1-4-81 and if so, what is the procedure for such revision
Yes, as per G.O. No.163-EDN(B) dt. 15-06-90 the retirement benefits as provided for in the W.B. Recognised Non-Govt. Educational Institution Employees (Death-cum-Retirement Benefits Scheme, 1981 has been extended to the Teaching and non-teaching employees of the non-Government Educational Institution and Organisation covered by the said Scheme who retired prior to 1-4-81 subject to refund or adjustment of employer's share of CPF with interest, and also subject to due adjustment of Pension and ex-gratie increases as were or are being draw by such pensioners.
Procedure for Revision
For revision of retirement benefits the following papers, in duplicate should be submitted to the Director of School Education through the concerned District Inspector of Schools :-
- 1. An application for revision of Pension ;
- 2. A declaration to the effect that the employee concerned agree to refund to the Govt. the employer's share of CPF with interest theron either in cash or by adjustment against the revised retirement benefits ;
- 3. Attested copy of Pension Payment Order ;
- 4. A certificate containing the following particulars from the Head of the Institution from Where he/she retired :-
- a) The date of approved appointment and date of retirement after enjoying approved extension(s);
- b) A certificate of Last Pay drawn;
- c) A statement of average emoluments of last 10(Ten) months preceeding his/her retirement ;
- d) Date from which the institution came under G.A. Scheme for the first time (attested copy of the relevant order should be furnished).
- e) A statement regarding CPF in the Performe given below :-
- i) Period of Contribution to CPF from _________________ to ________________.
- ii) Total amount of employer's share of contribution with interest theron.
- iii) Total amount drawn.
- iv) Date of drawal
- v) Mode of refund/adjustment.
5. A declaration by the incumbent in the following manner :- (for all)
I, Sri/Smt.________________________________________________ of ____________________________
School having retired/Superannuated on _______________________ solemnly daclare that if the amount of pansionary benefits which is to be afterawards found to be in excess of which I am actually entitled, I will refund the excess amount forthwith on demand.
Signature of the Pensioner with date.
I, Shri/Smt. _______________________________________ of _______________________________________
Schools hereby declare that the amount of outstanding dues as per statement enclosed/any amount drawn by me if found overdrawn during scrutiny of any pension paper should be adjusted from my gratuity/pension.
I hereby promise to raise no objection objection whatsoever for such adjustment.
Singnature of the Pensioner with date.
(also for claimant of L.T.A.).
6. Specimen signature duly attested 3 slips, each bearing 3 signatures in each slip.
7. Photograph/Joint Photograph attested by the competent authority on the front side of the Photo (3 copies). In case of Family Pension attestation should be done by a person belonging to Group-A Govt. Services.
8. Identification mark, in triplicate.
Regarding sanction of Family pension the following papers in addition to the papers mentioned at item No.2 to No.B should also be furnished:-
- A. An application for family Pension
- B. Nomination for Death Gratuity, if any
- C. Death Certificate
- D. Succession certificate/Affidavit of the legal heirs. (Memo. no.28-SE/Pan dt.
12 Retirement benefits to the Primary teachars prior to 1-4-81 included CPF-cum-Gratuity. Whather the employees/teachars who retired prior to 1-4-81 and opted for CPF-cum-Gratuity are also entitled to opt for Pension (including family pension)-cum-gratuity under the DCRB Scheme, 1981.
In terms of G.O. No.1690-SE(Pry) dt. 20-12-01 they would also come under the preview of the G.O. No.163-EDN(B) dt. 15-06-90 for the purpose of getting benefit of DCRB Scheme, 1981. So, they may opt for pension (including family pension)-cum-gratuity under DCRB Scheme, 1981.
13. West Bengal Recognised Non-Govt. Educational Institution Employees (Death-cum-Retirement Benefit) Scheme, 1981 is applicable to the employees of which Institution/Organisation ?
The Scheme is applicable to the employees of State Govt. Sponsored or aided educational Institutions (excluding D.A. Getting schools) as indicated in Statement-I of G.O. No.136-EDN(B) dt. 15-05-85 which are shown below :-
- 1. Approved teaching and non-teaching staff of Junior Technical Schools (sponsored and non-sponsored).
- 2. Approved teaching and non-teaching staff of Training Institution for Primary Teachers (including Govt. sponsored Junior Basic Training Institutions).
- 3. Approved teaching and non-teaching staff Aided Primary Schols and Primary Schools under the District School Boards but excluding Dearness Allowance getting schools.
- 4. Approved teaching and non-teaching staff of non-Govt. Aided/Sponsored Secondary Schools (High and Higher Secondary) but excluding dearness allowance getting schools.
- 5. Approved employees of non-Govt. Libraries (sponsored/aided).
- 6. Approved teaching and non-teaching staff of school Mother Training Centres.
- 7. Approved teaching and non-teaching staff of Govt. sponsored free Primary Schools, Junior Basic Schols, Pre-Basic Schools, Pre-Primary Schools, Nursery Schools and Primary including Junior Basic Schools appointed in Municipalities under the Scheme of 'Free and compulsory Primary Education Act, 1963'.
- 8. Approved teaching and non-teaching staff of Junior High Schools including erstwhile Senior Basic Schools.
- 9. Approved staff of the Institution for the handicaped (sponsored and non-sponsored).
- 10. Approved teaching and non-teaching staff of Tols and Madrasha (Senior, High and Junior High).
- 11. Approved staff of the Audio-visual Units and Community Centres.
- 12. Approved Staff of the voluntary organisations under social Education as shown in the statement attached to Govt. Order No.519-EDN(SE) dated 23rd August, 1973.
- 13. Approved employees of District Schol Boards.
- 14. Approved teaching and non-teaching staff of sponsored Polytechnics.
- 15. Approved staff of the takeover Polytechnics including regional Institute of Printing Technology who have not been absorbed as Govt. employees.
- N.B. : The staff of different non-Government Educational Institution who recieve fixed Pay or only dearness allowance as sanctioned by Govt. from time will not be covered by this scheme.
14. How Pension/family pension/gratuity/death gratuity is calculated ?
All these are calculated on 'Emolument' which the employee was receiving at the time of retirement death while in service.
'Emolument' include the following :-
- i) Basic Pay
- ii) Personal Pay
- iii) Special Pay
- iv) Dearness Pay
A. Calculation of Pension etc. in respect of persons retired/died drawing pay as per ROPA, 1981.
||50% of the amount
||Next Rs.500/- of Pay
||45% of the amount
||Balance of Pay
||40% of the amount
Here pay means emoluments last drawn w.e.f. 1-9-82 and Average of last ten months preceeding the date of retirement upto 31.8.82
Pension calculated above is for maximum period of 33 years of qualifing service and is to be reduced proportionately if the Q.S. is less than 33 years i.e.
Pension (a+b+c) x Actual Q.S. (Max-33)
Maximum Monthly Pension - rs.1500/-
Retired at the age of 65 years with ROPA'81
Scale of Pay
Consolidation of Pension as per G.O. No.102-SE(B) dt. 15-06-98 and 388-SE(B) dt. 24-10-2000 is allowed by the Treasury Officer concerned w.e.f. 1-4-97 as per G.O. No.124-SE(B) dt. 29-06-99.
|Pay of the Employee P.M.
|i) Rs.1200 and above
||i) 12% of Pay ( Minimum 160 Maximum 250 )
|ii) Rs.400 and above but below 1200
||ii) 15% of Pay ( Minimum 100 Maximum 160 )
|iii) Below Rs.400
|| iii) 30% of Pay ( Minimum 60 Maximum 100 )
Enhanced Family Pension
i) Death While in Service :
Family Pension at enhanced rate is payable for a period of 7 years from the date following the date of death or till the date on which the employee concerned would have attained the age of 65 years had he survived whichever period in less. Employee concerned has to put in at least 7 years continuous service prior to death.
Enhanced family pension will be 50% of the pay last drawn subject to a maximum of twice the family pension ordinarily admissible.
ii) Death after retirement
Enhanced family pension is payable upto the date on which the deceased employee concerned would have attained the age of 65 years had he survived or for 7 years whichever is less and the amount is least of the following :-
- a) y2 x last pay drawn
- b) Pension (Retiring)
- c) 2 x Normal family Pension.
When the amount of normal family pension exceeds the amount of pension sanctioned at the time of normal retirement, the enhanced family pension shall not be less than the amount of a normal family pension.
|a) For Service 10 years or more
||1/4 x Amount reckonable for Pension x number of six monthly period of service (Maximum-66) Maximum amount Rs.36000/-
|b) For Service less than 10 years
||Y2 x Amount reckonable for pension x No. of six monthly period of service.
It is admissible when an employee who has completed 5 years qualifing service dies while in service and shall be paid to the nomonee/nominees or to the surviving members of the family. Amount of death gratuity is ____________________
- i) 12 x Amount reckonable for pension or
- ii) Amount reckonable for Pension x Six monthly period of Q.S. (Max-66)
- Which is higher.
B. CALCULATION OF PENSION ETC. IN PERSONS RETIRED/DIED DRAWING PAY AS PER ROPA, 1990.
50% of last pay drawn for a maximum period of 33 years of Qualifing or motionary arrived (As per ROPA' 1980) service to be reduced proportionately for Q.S. less than 33 years i.e.
Last pay Drawn x Actual Q.S. ( Maximum 33 years )
Maximum monthly Pension - 375/-
Minimum monthly Pension - 2250/-
ii) Family Pension
|Amount reckonable for family pension drawn p.m.
||Rate of F.P. per month
|a) Not exceeding Rs.1500
||30% of the amount (Minimum 375)
|b) Exceeding Rs.1500
||20% of the amount (Minimum 450, Maximum 600)
iii) Enhanced family Pension (EFP)
a) Death while in Service
Employee concerned has to put in at least 7 (seven) years contineous service prior to death.
Lower of the following :-
- i) Y2 x last pay drawn
- ii) 2 x Normal family pension.
b) Death after retirement
Least of the following:
- i)Y2 x last pay drawn
- ii) Pension (retiring)
- iii) 2 x Normal family pension.
When the amount of normal family pension exceeds the amount of pension sanctioned at the time of normal retirement, the enhanced family pension shall not be less than the amount of normal family pension.
In both the cases (i.e. (a) & (b) above) the EFP is admissible for a period of seven years or upto the age of 65 years of age of the employee concerned had the survived whichever is less.
* Amount reckonable for gratuity means Last Pay drawn, Maximum amount of cash gratuity Rs.60,000
|a) For Service 10 years or more
||Y4 x Amount reckonable for gratuity (i.e. Last Pay) x No. of six monthly period of service (Max. 66)
|b) For service less than 10 years
||Y2 x Amount reckonable for gratuity (i.e. last pay drawn) x No. of six monthly period of service
|v) Death Gratuity
|Length of Qualifing Service
||Rate of Gratuity
|a) less than one year
||2 x Amount reckonable for gratuity *
|b) one year or more but less than 5 years
||6 x Amount reckonable for gratuity *
|c) 5 years or more but less than 20 years
||12 x Amount reckonable for gratuity *
|d) 20 years or more
||Y2 x Amount reckonable for gratuity * x no. of six monthly period of Q.S. (Max. 66).
C. CALCULATION OF PENSION ETC. IN RESPECT OF PERSONS RETIRED/DIED DRAWING PAY AS PER ROPA, 1998.
i) Pension : 50% of Pay last drawn or notionally arrived (as per ROPA-98) for maximum period of 33 years of Qualifing service to be reduced proportionately for Q.S. less than 33 yeas i.e.
| Last Pay Drawn
||Actualy Q.S. (Maximum 33)
Maximum Monthly Pension - Rs.1300/-
Maximum Monthly Pension - Rs.6750/-
ii) Family Pension :
30% of Pay drawn last or Notionally revised (as per ROPA' 1998)
Maximum Monthly Pension Rs.1300/-
aximum Monthly Pension Rs.4050/-
iii) Enhanced family Pension (EPF)
a) Death while in Service
Employee concerned has to put in at least 7 years contineous services prior to death.
Lower of the following :
- i) Y2 x Last Pay Drawn
- ii) 2 x Normal family pension.
b) Death after retirement
Least of the following :
- i) Y2 x last pay drawn
- ii) Pension (Retiring)
- iii) 2 x normal family pension.
When the amount of normal faimly pension exceeds the amount of Pension sanctioned at the tome of normaql retirement, the enhanced family pension shall not less than the amount of normal family pension.
In both the cases (i.e. (a) & (b) above ) the EFP as admissible for a period of seven years or upto the age of 65 years of age of the employee concerned had he survived whichever is less.
iv) Retiring Gratuity
|a) For Services of 10 years or more
||Y4 x Emolument last drawn (i.e. BP ) DA ) x No. of six monthly period of service.
|b) For service less than 10 years
||Y2 x Amount reckonable for gratuity (i.e. BP + DA ) x No. service.
|Length of Q.S.
||Rate of Death Gratuity
|a) Less than one year
|| 2 x amount reckonable for gratuity (i.e. BP + DA ) last drawn
| One year or more but less than five years
||6 x Amount reckonable for gratuity (i.e. BP + DA last drawn).
|c) 5 years or but less than 20 years
||12 x Amount recknable for Gratuity (I.e. BP + DA last drawn)
|d) 20 years or more
||Y2 x Amount reckonable for Gratuity (i.e. BP + DA last drawn) x of six monthly period of Q.S. (Maximum 66)
Maximum Amount - Rs.2.5 lakh.
10A. What are the different 'Terms' used in W.B. Recognised Non-Govt. Educational Institution Employees (Death-cum-Retirement Benefit ) Scheme,1981 ?
'Emolument' means the emoluments which the employee was receiving immediately before his retirement and includes-
- a)Basic Pay
- b)Personal Pay
- c) Special Pay
- d) Dearness Pay
ii)' Qualifing Services' (i.e. Q.S.)
'Qualifing Services' is the edmissible period service on which Pension and gartuity is calculatated while calculating Q.S. the following paints are to be taken into A/c. :-
- a) Except for compensation gratuity, the service rendred by an employee before the completion of 18 (Eighteen) years of the age shall not qualifing for pansion.
- b) Contineous mservice of a whole time approved employee in any educational institutional shall count as Q.S.
- c) War service rendred between 3rd September, 1939 and 1st April 1946 by an employee shall count as qualifing for pension under this mscheme provided the employee concerned was absorbed as an employee on or before 1st January, 1948 and the service would have otherwise qualified for pension.
- d) Service rendred before pertition i.e. during the period upto 14th August, 1947 by an employee in any affilisted institution in areas included in East Pakistan (Now Banladesh ) shall qualify for pension and the period of break from the date of leaving the institution in East Pakistan (Now Bengladesh) and the date of appointment in any institution in West Bengal to be treated as automatically condoned.
Affilieation of a school will be verifyied on the basic of documentary evidence. In the absence of documentary evidence, contempory evidence duly signed by bDirector (i.e. Director of Public Instruction, West Bengal/Director of School Education , West Bengal /Director of Librarary Services,West Bengal as the case may be ) or any officer authorised by him, will be accepted.
Services rendred by an employee under Govt. if any will count towards pension. The Service in an institution before its recognition will not counrt.
- e) All periods of authorised leave other than extra-ordinary leave without pay shall count as qualifing service.
E.O.L. granted on medical ground shall however, count as Q.S.
E.O.L. other than medical ground also counts as Q.S. provided that the apponting authority at the time of granting such leave allow the period of that leave to count as Q.S. if the leave is granted to an employee :-
- i) due to his inability to join or rejoin duty on account of civil commotion or
- ii) for prosacuting higher scientific and technical studies.
- f) Period of suspension followed by reinstetment count as qualifing services provided it is treated as duty,otherwise it shall not count as Q.S.g) Period of break in service even through condoned shall not count as qualifing service.
- h) Break in Q.S. of an employee for a period exceeding 12 months shall entail for future of his past service unless this break is for feiture condoned by the competent authority (i.e. Director or any officer authorised by him).
- i) Fractions of a year equal to six months and above shall be treated as completed six monthly period for the purpose of calculation of any pension under this Scheme.
- j) Staff of an education institution, the officers of whom has duty been approved in the Director or on Officer authority by him or by the authority refered in Subpara 5(a)(i) of the DCRB Scheme, 1981
- iii) Employee "mean or teaching or a Non-teaching.
10B. What is the definition of 'Family' under the D.C.R.B. Scheme, 1981
In terms of para 5(s) of the W.B. Recognised Non-Govt. Educational Institution Employees (Death-cum-Retirement Benefit) Scheme, 1981 'Family includes the following relatives of an employee namely -
1. For the purpose of Death gratuity
- i) Wife in case of a male employee
- ii) husband in case of a female employee
- iii) sone including step sons
- iv) unmarried and widowed daughters including step daughters
- v) adopted sons/daughters
- vi) bothers below the age of 18 (eighteen) years and unmarried or widowed sisters
- vii) father
- viii) mother
2. For the purpose of family pension
- i) Wife in the case of male employee
- ii) husband in the case of a female employee
- iii) minor sons including adopted sons
- iv) unmarried minor daughters including adopted daughters
- v) dependent parents
- Note : Adoption or marriage after retirement will not be recognised for the purpose of family pension.
10C. What is the period during which family pension is payable.?
Family pension is payable :-
- a) in the case of widow/widewar upto the date of death or remarriage whichever is earlier.
- b) in the case of minor son until he attains the age of 18 years.
- c) in the case of unmarried daughter until she attains the age of 21 years or marriage whichever is earlier.
- d) in case of dependent parents upto the date of their daeth or remarriage, whichever is earlier.
||Where an employee is survived by more than one widow, the family pension shall be paid to them in equal shares. On the death of one widow, her share of the pension shall become, Payable to her minor children. If at the time of her daeth a widow leaves no eligible minor child, the payment of her shares of pension shall cases. (Para 26, Chapter-VII of the Scheme)